FREE outdoor fun for families with kids of all ages!
10:30-11 Storytime - All About Flowers - at the Activity Tent
11-11:30 Bird Walk with NYSDEC I Bird NY - meet at Trail Entrance
12:30-1 Storytime - All About Trees - at the Activity Tent
1:30-2 Foraging with Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower - meet at Trail Entrance
2-2:30 Creek Walk with Hike it Baby - Meet in front of CIC
Ongoing Events - 10am-2pm
Activity Tent - Rotating hands-on projects including Animal Tracks, Binoculars, Suncatchers, Plant Pets and Leaf Rubbings
Art Tent - Coloring Station and make your own butterflies! Hosted by Windy Ridge Preschool
Exhibit Tables (on the porch around the CIC building)
- NYSDEC I Bird NY - Birdwatching info & adaptation activity
- Hike it Baby - Family Hiking 101 info and gear demos
- Ulster County Clerk - Local History & Kids Activity Guides
- Catskill Center - Kid-friendly Trail Maps & Fire Tower Display
- C.R.I.S.P. - Activities & displays all about invasive bugs!
- Friends of the Catskill Mountain Rail Trail - Proposed trail info
- Music of the Plants - Can plants "sing"? Come and listen!
Trail Entrance (short walk down driveway towards Rte 28, before the bridge) Feel free to explore our .7 mi nature loop!
Wisdom Tree (lower lawn by Rte. 28) - Rock Painting
Stroller-friendly! Bring a picnic lunch and make a day of it! (Snacks & drinks also available for sale). Rain or shine; in case of severe weather the fun will move inside the Catskill Interpretive Center building.